Zen with a fountain pen

After weeks and weeks of thinking it over
I decided to get a pen
It was orange and shiny
Felt mighty fine and I
Justified it with "writing to no end"

While I awaited
For my delivery in patience
I dreamed of Kanji calligraphy
For fine lines and signatures
My constant companion, it would be

When it finally arrived
I couldn't contain my joy
So I opened the cap and began
Anticlimactic, to my dismay
What came was an invisible line

A squiggle, a scratch - nothing
I jerked it up and down,
pressed the cartridge all around
And tried once again - nothing
So I consulted the internet

"Hold the pen two inches above the paper,
and gently let your hand glide
From side to side"
It said

So I loosened my grip,
Poised from the tip to the nib
And finally gave it a go
Lo and behold! Google was right
Seamlessly my ink started to flow

And so that was my night
A lesson in zen with a pen

Comments