Run.

As the first rays of dawn reflect o'er the callow leaves,
When the world is in the deep orange of slumber,
As the moon of the black bids adieu, she grieves,
And I run.

On an unfamiliar loopy road that seems endless,
Yet without a path, or a sense of direction,
Aimlessly I advance, I aggress,
Disorientated, I run.

Anticipating the auburn star to gloriously smile,
The hazy atmosphere with heavy settled mist,
And the 'cense of cherry blossoms fill the aisle,
Inspired, I run.

As the grounds below unceasingly unfold,
It spills the beans of this blithe odyssey
Towards a promising haven, as foretold
Intoxicated, I run.

Fatigue of what seems like a hard night's day,
As the heartbeat and breath accelerates with every step,
The legs beneath start to throb, yet fray,
Determined, I run.

I gasp for oxygen as blood rushes down from my head,
Every pant burns through to my veins,
My limbs begin to collapse, as I thread,
For every mile well triumphed, without regret,
They'll know me as the one who ran.

Comments

  1. The road is not known, you're too fast to see it,
    Is there a past if you so quickly flee it?
    The curves of your path ward your visions away,
    What flight, to keep Time itself so far away?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment