Lili Marleen

With tomorrow on call
In a decorated uniform
I can't deny this decree to fight
Against my own heart's plea
To stay, for a little while
Oh, pretty girl with a teary smile
For a last time, let us sway
Can I close my eyes tight
To freeze time in an embrace
And wonder if we could ever
Feel our breaths ricochet 
Before the moments pass
That may be my last
Grant me the honor
To breathe free
As our eyes exchange
A million secrets and stories
Under the moonlight
To Lili Marleen

A score of decades mark
I know not if you are
While you know not where I
As promises of tomorrow
Fulfills the grit of today
I carry you with me in memory
A million secrets and stories
Through a betrayed smile
And now with our whole lives behind
Except for a moment that didn't pass
I stand where I bequeath
That you and me dance
Under the moonlight
To Lili Marleen

Comments