Hobbies

I was once asked what I do
With the free time I accrue
I had no response at my cue
But to say "I run"
Though it's true
What I put my feet through
It's also right for everything else I do

I wander
Through unnamed roads and winding streets
Talk to people of different speak
Climb hills with unruly trees
Share stories over drink by the sea
I see, if or not they look at me
There, unknown I am too, free

And, I read
Of atrocities and tyranny
In fiction, more so poetry
Of love, conscience and philosophy
Curled right in bed with tea
In a space-time travelling machine
I've key to a world outside of me

Is it a lot to say music?
It's beats and notes over time and tide
Stories woven within rhyme
I know not what's said, yet I chime
A mix of sounds for lows and highs
Everyday, I resign

Comments